Wednesday, January 27, 2016
25 things you may not know about me. Its been awhile and sometimes stuff like this is just interesting.
1. I eat a bowl of cereal every night before I go to sleep.
2. I sing and dance like a crazy person whenever I get the chance.
3. ...even as I type this I am singing in my head.
4. If we are driving anywhere for more than 30 minutes I am fast asleep.
5. I was on homecoming court my Junior year of highschool.
6. Jeremy and I worked in the same place at the same time, but when he went back to school I stole his job so I could get a raise. And honestly, I was better at it than him.
7. When I was drugged up after transplant, I was mad at my computer so I popped the "S" and "W" off the keyboard. I realize that didn't fix my problem.
8. I named my cell phone after the PA who pulled most chest tubes out.
9. I am painfully shy.
10. I wear a necklace with my transplant date on it.
11. I had a few miscarriages before we had Laila. And named each child.
12. I use to play the piano, and when i say "play" I mean I can do alto/soprano line once in awhile. But have a thing for the cello...swoon.
13. One of my favorite things to do with Laila is sit on the couch and read to her.
14. I look forward to going to bed every night.
15. I love to cook. And eat. And cook to eat.
16. I spell for crud (I am sure you have gathered that!)
17. School supplies items are a weakness of mine, especially pens, pencils, and notebooks. I am sure its so I can make all those lists.
18. I have always wanted to smell like peppermint. My soap is peppermint. My lip gloss. I want more peppermint.
19. "Son of a Preacher Man" was always ad-libbed as "DAUGHTER of a Preacher Man" while sung by the Zell girls.
20. I hate unloading the dishwasher. Like loathe it. Its the worst household chore.
21. I can speak the Lords Prayer in German, but thats about if after 1 1/2 years of German (don't ask about that other half I didn't do!!)
22. I have broken my medical ID 2 times...and its currently broken and I need to fix it so I can wear it.
23. I was friends with Jeremys best friend before he was. Well, I knew him..."friends" is a loose term. (FREY!)
24. My eyes are all sorts of messed up. One is Atonic and the other is Neutonic. Because I can't have anything quite normal HA! (Although I just tired to google the second and found nothing...I'm super intrigued now!)
25. Jeremy bought our wedding rings from a pirate...at a bar...in WI. (And I pass this place whenever I go to work)
Saturday, January 16, 2016
Can we avoid the fact that I haven't written in 3 months? NO?...well, just consider it all as "no news is good news." I do have the guilt of not keeping up on it, not for the sake of thinking everyone is so interested in my life. But the fact that this is all suppose to be for something Laila can go back on in years to come and read about the journey we went through. (HI, LAILA!)
Ok lets go back to in a nutshell:
We all dressed up to spoil Laila (surprise, surprise!) for Halloween. But to be honest I think we all had more fun than she did! I mean, I got to dress as the MAD HATTER!!
I celebrated two years since my transplant! Two whole years and things are going so well. So well! I feel so blessed with my story, a Cinderella story...true fairy-tale.
This year I wanted to celebrate as a family, the 3 of us. And because I love watching, more than most things, my child smile ad get excited we went and watched the Peanuts movie in 3D (and super fun because we had the entire theater to ourselves so we could just talk and giggle the whole time! Followed by an awesome dinner to a nice restaurant. We got all dressed up, Laila in high heels and everything. We talked to our girl out how this is the place that you use every manner you know and oh my goodness was she cute! And I think Jeremy smiled pretty much all day, and I cried all my emotions all day. I wonder if those two things will ever change.
SIDE NOTE: I once again had Jeremy write something to post about that day. I have it still and I will post it in a separate blog in a few days!
Jeremy's oldest brother and his wife had a son (oh my word people this boy is so sweet!) and we were blessed to be his Godparents. And Jeremy preformed the baptism, such a wonderful thing! I love that our families are continuing to grow!
We went back for Thanksgiving and Christmas this years as well. Both holidays were filled with family, food, and the Lord. We were beyond spoiled again this year. Some of my favorite gifts were: my makeup (girl can never have too much), my 2 necklaces, my purse, trash can (long story here folks, but go with my excitement here!!) Jeremy's Avett brother CD.
I also celebrated another year I beat CF, and rocking new lungs while I did it. I was till home in Michigan and this birthday was so much fun! Started out with church and family brunch, then ice skating, and dinner out. I don't think my family have laughed as hard as we did that afternoon and evening. Even dinner was well done (get it Mom, Dad, Jer and Ang...GET IT!!) I got a new coat and comfy scarf, star wars shirt, planner for lists...just to name a few. I also got a carrot cake because its my dads favorite and the next day pork roast. Ever since we were little we got to pick a birthday meal that mom and dad would cook us...might be one of my fav traditions!
The beginning of January I started a job. I am very excited because this means I am feeling healthy enough to do so, and I can help my family out for awhile. I do miss being a stay at home wife and mother, but seeing as Laila is at school I get the chance to work while she is there. I have been enjoying the days that I have been able to go! With that said, germs have hit our house. Sunday and Monday the stomach bug grabbed a hold of the littlest one. And as of Tuesday I have strep and who knows what else, I have been on meds and can't seem to quite shake whatever this is. But hoping to go back to work next week.
That brings us up to speed, up to right now where I am sitting at my computer drinking my morning cream and sugar with coffee, out of my Choose Happy coffee mug wondering if its too late to eat the Chinese food in the fridge or if I should go for the normal cereal. Prepping myself to get in the shower and maybe do something before the day starts. Laila is at a sleepover. Jeremy is of course all ready getting his day started.
I hope you all had a great few months. That you are keeping warm in this weather. Staying away from the nasty bugs going around. And have a good Saturday, no matter how you spend it.