My Moments to Breathe

Friday, June 28, 2013

Time for some good ol' Faith and Giggles




It is about 2 in the morning and I guess I just can't sleep. So why not sit here and write a blog, doesn't everything always make more sense in the middle of the night when you are tired...haha.

The fundraiser at Faith and Giggles went very well. And now that I am done speaking in front of people, I am looking forward to the next time I can do it. HAHA, oh boy. But, yes, everything turned out so nicely. And one of the best things is I got to know Wendy and Jason just a little bit more. I am not sure you could find 2 people who are so giving and using their "resources" to help others. They own a store and are always doing something in there beyond selling some good products. If you live close enough you really do need to check this little store out and see for yourself what I am talking about. (And even if you don't live close you can always check out their Facebook page and show them some love with a "like") It was awesome to see so many of my Peace family there and asking questions in order to understand CF and also my personal story. I am not shy about answering questions and will be very honest...the more people know the more awareness is out there. So keep asking! In all honesty like I said I want to  thank you both and to the rest of "Team Cassie" of WI for everything you all did for this event (and for the things to come) we appreciate it  more than we can probably say.

I have been off of IV antibiotics for a little bit now and I am slowly getting the crackles in my lungs, coughing a bit more, putting O2 on, and just need to breathe a little deeper. My summer is too busy and my legs are too white for all of this. The whole "healthy girl stuck in a sick girls body" shows through more and more. I could have plans all summer (and really I do) but know that I will need to get some more meds before it is over. So I better think of the best time now. It is one of those things that I am going to have to sacrifice in order to have a better future and win this war. Or how about I just get new lungs and all of my summer can be me healing...screw all the plans, right?!

But I am not going to think about that this entire week, I am just going to keep on doing what I need to do so the "band aid" can last a little longer and I feel great for whats to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment