My Moments to Breathe

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Almost there



I am on the mend! I had a doctors appointment on Friday and things are starting to look like I will make a complete recovery from all of this. All the hard work I have put into myself these past few weeks are showing!

My lung function in up to 112%...only 2% away from where I was. I know that it may not sound like that much, but I only get a 10% change before its not good. I need that 2%, and honestly I want even higher. I am a transplant patient and that has been my major role this month. Everything I do, I think of how it will affect my body. 

I go out, but not often and not in large crowded crowds, I for sure am avoiding those the rest of this nasty season. There is just too much out there. People come over, but I screen for health first..."how healthy are you?" It has been a roller coaster and I feel like a brand new baby when in comes to germs. But honestly, I am totally OK with it....for the first time ever.

My chest X-ray looked better, my 6 minute walk was still good, my heart rate normal, temp normal....but oh that blood pressure! Still so high. I have never feared the BP cuff until now, it just gives me anxiety thinking about it. But they are changing my meds in order to (hopefully) lower it back to a good number. Breathe, it will be OK. My Tac (an anti-rejection med) is high too, so this week I have check it 3 times and waiting to hear whether or not I can lower that. This would be, in one word, AWESOME. The lower that med is the better my kidney levels (also on the higher side) will be and better my blood pressure and blood sugars will be. Saying prayers and crossing fingers.

My body really has started to hate me this last week. I shake even more (this can be related to the high Tac level) and there seem like times I can't move off the couch, I get dizzy, and my legs just don't want to work. I am carrying water weight and get a little sore due to that...maybe even a little swollen. Oh the joys of being on so many meds!

Let my clarify that although this seems like I am complaining, I really am not. Yes, I do get super frustrated and annoyed to the point of tears, but I am just glad to be here swallowing all those pills. Living. I will gladly do this transplant life for many many years if it means I am still alive. I have had a few reminders that, yeah, I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't had that call. I know that. I know I would be in heaven without these lungs and pills. Would you complain about that, probably not!?

Thank you all for the many prayers, not just in the last few weeks, but for the last few years. I got my miracle. I have my hero. You can be someones hero too...register to be a donor. You won't need any of the parts when you pass away, but there are so many people fighting to stay alive for those parts.  Donate Life.

1 comment: