My Moments to Breathe

Thursday, August 1, 2013

a little note from d6/5



We took our vacation and it was so nice to be able to be with family for awhile (and hanging out in a gorgeous house and pool helped a little too!) Thanks to all the Husbys I didn't have to do anything, to the point that I started to feel bad. I was so well taken care of, and they did it without complaining. I am not sure I can say "Thank You" enough! Next year when I have my new lungs, I will do most of the cooking and cleaning guys!

Thursday I had a doctors appointment which led me straight up to a visit to D6/5 for a good ol' tune up. Yeap, I am in in the hospital trying to shake whatever this infection is. I am not going to bore you with any sob story, but can tell you I don't remember the last time I was this sick. It has brought me down hard. Hoping that I can heal pretty quick and be able to go home (they are thinking Monday!)

I have had so many people come up to me and say how sorry they were about my dry run. Everyone here was rooting for better results, as to be expected. They were pretty interested in my story...we learned today that I was only the 2nd person in this hospital to get as far as I did in the dry run processes. Thats crazy! My parents always said I never did anything easy. We also learned that the surgeon got questioned a ton, and was brought in by the big wigs to have a meeting about it. But he made the right decision, I guess there was quite a bit of fluid in the back lobes and for as healthy as the donors heart was, there was no reason for the lungs to be as heavy as they were. Which means something just wasn't right, and I am glad the surgeons made the decision they did. If they weren't perfect I don't want them. I will get my turn soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment