My Moments to Breathe

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Making More Memories


Boy, oh boy. Tonight was Lailas practice nice for her preschool and I don't think this momma is ready to let her grow up quite yet. But I can tell you that she is much like me when I was young. Like that limerick says...There once was a little girl with a curl in middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very good. But when she was bad, she was horrid. Haha, well, thats my curly haired little girl.

I had a fun day with Laila today. We shopped and had lunch and just talked some "girl talk"...you know about Mickey Mouse and what our favorite color is! She was stuck like glue and I think it was good for both of us, because Yes, I needed today probably more...ok ok ok i KNOW i needed today more...than Laila did. I got her as my baby one last time for an entire day before school starts. And, yes, I did tear up tonight and not ashamed to say so! 

Today was so nice because I carried her...a number of times...without running out of breathe. Hello, lungs meet oxygen again! And just in time to take this weekend and love her to pieces. Over protective mom...probably, but again not ashamed to say so.  My CF was pushed aside today, not in the "I didn't take care of myself" way, but more in the "I feel so good that I am not going to let it take over the day" way. Sorry if you are getting tired about reading about Laila...I warn you now that I will be talking much much more about her. 

My "100 Things" list is going in full swing and I have about 7 things in progress. Good enough for me to say I am going to make this all happen and while I am at it...Suck it CF because I rule this one. And the best part is, I have people who not only are just helping, but WANT to help. And to tell you the truth, I like being able to meet my goals and cross things off and make memories with so many people. Because really when you think about it, whats better...doing it or the memories and stories you keep forever?!

So let me thank all of you who have helped or said they will help! Without you I wouldn't have the memories I already have!!

2 comments:

  1. So Happy for you! I loved reading about your awsome day with your beautiful little girl!!
    Remember if there is anything I can help you with on you 100 things list please please don't be afraid to ask <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeha! Happy jubilations. :) BTW, I don't think you're an overprotective mom. She's a little girl!! Glad you're enjoying time w/ your girl. I have been too, with Kyrie, lately. xo

    ReplyDelete