Good genes I got in order to help with my defective gene:
1. I am a very stubborn German. Tell me I can't do something and I will do despite. Psh...can't have a baby since I have CF....right!
2. I got the small petite frame in order to carry not that much weight. So even though I am too skinny, I don't look anorexic, more like I just need to eat a cheeseburger.
3. I got a decent head of hair I can hind behind when I know I look sick. Hey everyone look at the hair and not the big black bags under my eyes!!
4. My dads sick sense of humor. One of our mottos in the family has always been "Its either laugh or cry" and well I laugh about a lot! I can take CF with a twisted seriousness.
5. The girly side that makes me love to paint my nails. I have clubbed fingers so these babies are a big nail bed...even more to paint on, my pretty!
6. A good family. Hey its in the genes and I have a good support system from all of you.
7. I like to cook. Gotta cook if you love to eat. Gotta eat if you wanna gain weight. Its that simple.
8. My lack of a green thumb. With my allergies not helping my CF, I figure its a good thing I can't garden well because I would be very upset with the way it always looked or irritate my lungs more. But since I can't keep anything alive it doesn't bother me (just other people...)
Thanks for the good genes...guess I am not all defective!