My Moments to Breathe

Monday, August 13, 2012

My Model Moment



Can you believe that that's me?! Yeah, me either. I have always wanted to be a model and feel like Gisele...and there I am, laying in a field with a pretty skirt and kick butt jewels getting my pictures taken.

Thanks to Rachel and Billy Hyer from Hyer Images (check out their facebook page...LOOOVE!) this dream all came true! After they selflessly set this up with me, found the field, and did it on their time off they were still nice enough to make sure that I felt like I kinda knew what I was doing. I went in to this experience only knowing what Tyra Banks taught me on all of those America's Next Top Model marathons: You model H2T (head to toe), Smize, and the more awkward you look the better the picture is. So needless to say I told them they needed to help me big time and not only did they help, but they went up and above with posing a showing me where to put a hand or tilt my head or try and look natural (Rachel and Billy you both can laugh at the thought of me trying to look and act natural!) They did an amazing job and made me laugh and made me think of my "happy place" and told me just to be, well, ME.

I had a few things in mind when I wrote this one down on my list...besides just feeling pretty and getting dressed up in my fairytale of an outfit. I wanted Laila to be able to have pictures of her mom that she could always have and remind her that with help you can do anything you want. I want to be beat CF and am doing this while making life a little happier! I also got pictures of her and I and family pictures so she can see the love I have for her and maybe, just maybe, be able to remember how much she was my girl and I would do anything for her. As she would say, "Momma, I am your squirrel!" Haha, Yes, Laila you sure are!! 


So this may be one of my favorite moments from the shoot. Me being natural and happy and having a feeling of accomplishment. This was one of the last shots and Rachel said, "You did it Cassie, you were a model." And this was my reaction... So crossing off #8 Be a model for a photo shoot (CHECK)

2 comments:

  1. These photos?! Incredible. What a gift for you and your hubs and your girl.

    Cheering you on as you celebrate checking things off your list!

    ~Rachel Olson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to fee like Gisele too.......married to Tom Brady.

    ReplyDelete